To access the Webtool, log-in to: www.loadcentral.net enter the Retailer’s Username (mobile number) and Password *Always put a 63 instead of 0 as the prefix of your mobile number.
- Your Retailer Number is displayed along with your real-time Wallet Balance.
- Transaction Status Status of your Sales transaction is displayed above the Retailer’s Webtool. Successful transactions are in BLUE font, while RED font for unsuccessful transactions.
- How to Change Password
1. Click the change password button 2. Provide the required information *Username (remember to start with 63 instead of 0) SMS or First Level (FL) Password OLD Password, New Password (minimum of 6 characters)
4. How a Retailer Makes a Sale:
a. Select a Product Category where the product to be sold belongs (e.g. ELOAD PRODUCTS). b. Click the drop-down arrow to view all available products and choose the product to be sold. c. Enter buyer’s number on the “Buyer’s No.” field if selling multiple e-PIN product to the customer. Then click “Sell Product.” Note that is it Required to input amount on the “Option” field if selling (GLOBE/TM Amax Other” products (e.g. type 40 for PHP40) d. After a successful transaction, your recent sales transaction will appear and the buyer will receive the e-PIN or eload via SMS. Note: The quantity can only be adjusted on e-PINS and a maximum of 10pins can be sold at one time.
5. How to resend:
a. Just type the mobile number of the buyer in the space provided. b . Click “Resend” c. System will resend the e-PIN via SMS to the buyer. Note: Resend is only applicable for the last e-PIN transaction and Not for e-Loads. Also the last e-PIN bought by that mobile number is the only one that the system will resend.
6. How the Retailer Generate a Sales Report: a. Scroll down to “New System Sales Report” Click the Start Date. Select the date you want your sales report to start. b. Click the End Date. Select the date you want your sales report to end. c. Click “Submit”
- Faster and more efficient since it by-passes our SMS access numbers.
- For the e-PIN that was just sold, the details are displayed on the PC monitor. The retailer can just write it in a piece of paper in the event that there are delays in SMS.
- Even if all the carriers’ SMS systems are down. The retailer can still dispense e-PINS by selling to his own account.
- A retailer can do advance selling to himself of fast moving products. He can either write it in pieces of paper or print the e-PINS. He can sell a maximum of 10 e-PINs of the same product denom per transaction.
- A static IP address offers the best security for the retailer since transaction using the web tool can only be done in a certain define location. THE DSL ISP normally provides this.